If you love gingerbread, then you’ll love this gingerbread cake recipe! It’s quick, easy and tasty with a rich gingerbread flavour making it perfect for fall.
It’s Thanksgiving here in Canada and we are headed to my Mom’s house for dinner tonight. I’m bringing this cake for dessert. Warm, served with french vanilla ice cream, it’s just amazing! Seriously my mouth is watering already and we still need to get through the turkey.
How to make this gingerbread cake recipe:
Ingredients needed to make this cake:
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs (or 3/4 cup of egg whites)
3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups Splenda (or granulated sweetener of choice)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Directions for baking gingerbread cake:
More tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
If you love this easy recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup of egg whites)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups Splenda (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine applesauce, molasses, eggs and oil. Mix well.
- To the bowl add the remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.