How to make this gingerbread cake recipe:
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs (or 3/4 cup of egg whites)
3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups Splenda (or granulated sweetener of choice)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
More tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assemblyline fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup of egg whites)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups Splenda (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine applesauce, molasses, eggs and oil. Mix well.
- To the bowl add the remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.