This polymer clay Baby Yoda craft is fun to create and makes the cutest little Star Wars figure that you have ever seen! Follow the easy step by step photo tutorial…
How cute is this Yoda?! Too busy to make him right away? Pin this post for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- polymer clay in brown, green and black
- clay cutting and shaping tools
- white glue
- white paint
- mod podge
- paint brush
How to make this clay Baby Yoda craft:
- Begin by forming the clay into soft, malleable balls.
2. Roll a brown 6cm ball for the body, a 4 cm green ball for the head, 2 – 2 cm green balls for ears, 2 – ½ black balls for eyes and 2 – 1/4 cm green balls for hands.
3. Form the brown ball into a cylinder shape that slightly tapers at the top.
4. Form the small green balls into hands and stick to the brown body (not pictured).
5. Form the large green ball into a round head shape.
6. Form the two smaller green balls into triangular shaped ears.
7. Press the ears to the side of the head.
8. Poke a hole in the top of the body and bottom of the head with a toothpick.
9. Form the two black balls into eye shapes.
10. Use a cutting tool to shape a smile into the head. Press the eyes to the head.
11. Bake the clay as directed on the package. For me this was 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
12. When the clay cools, seal with mod podge and add a white dot of paint to the eyes. Use a small toothpick to attach the head to the body.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
This clay Baby Yoda is seriously so adorable. It is way easier to create than he looks and is a simple craft to add a bit of whimsy to your space!
I love that this would be a really easy and fun Star Wars craft to make with the kids! The combination of colors and shapes could be endless and it would be neat to see what they come up with.
Polymer clay crafting tips:
- Work with a high quality product like sculpey clay.
- Use plastic wrap in an air tight container to store clay.
- Score where you want two pieces of clay to stick together.
- Shape cutters work best on a flat, solid work surface.
- A craft oven is not needed.
- Bake at low temperatures to allow the clay to set slowly and prevent cracking.
- You can find clay of all kinds of different colors at Michaels stores.
If you love this polymer clay Baby Yoda craft, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
More clay craft projects: