You guys, this keto blackberry cheesecake recipe is so friggin’ good!
Blackberries are one of the lowest carb fruits which makes them perfect for using in this cheesecake recipe. The combination of rich cheesecake filling and sweet blackberry sauce topping is beyond delicious!
Ever since I began following a ketogenic lifestyle over two years ago, I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes with low carb substitutions like this one. You can check out my Keto Beginner Guide to see how I got started on my ketogenic journey and lost over 85lbs in less than a year.
How to make this keto blackberry cheesecake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a soft dough forms.
3. Press dough into a greased 7″ spring form pan.
4. Bake for 12-15mins. Let cool.
5. In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and Swerve.
6. Mix until well combined, about 3 mins.
7. Add whipping cream and vanilla.
8. Whip until mixture starts to thicken and is completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
9. Pour mixture onto cooled crust and spread evenly.
10. Place in the freezer for 3 hours or in the fridge overnight to set.
11. In a medium pan heat blackberries and Swerve.
12. Crush the berries into a pulp as they cook.
13. Mix xanthum gum and water.
14. Add to berry mixture, combine well and bring to a boil.
15. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before using a hand blender to blend the berry mixture until smooth.
16. Pour over the cheesecake, top with fresh blackberries and serve.
Doesn’t this blackberry cheesecake look amazing?! It tastes even better, promise!
Adding low carb vanilla ice cream or whipping cream would make this a truly decadent dessert.
When I recently hosted a keto potluck I had friends try this cheesecake, my Keto Chocolate Almond Caramel Cheesecake, this Keto Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and my Keto Fatso Salted Caramel Cheesecake to help me decide which one was the best. Needless to say, we never did come up with a winner, they’re all delicious!
Friends who are not following a keto lifestyle would never know that this is a low carb treat.
More tips for keto baking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like almond flour instead of wheat flour and stevia instead of cane sugar.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like these Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Almond Bars or Keto Turtle Cookies and use them in your must bake list.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
When you try this keto blackberry cheesecake please let me know how you like it by leaving a review!
Keto Blackberry Cheesecake
This keto blackberry cheesecake is totally delicious. It's perfectly low carb and easy to make for those following a ketogenic lifestyle.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Swerve, granulated
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- Bake 12 - 15 mins
- Cheesecake Layer
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Swerve, granulated
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blackberry Topping
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp Swerve, granulated
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum gum
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough into a greased 7" spring form pan.
- Bake for 12-15mins. Let cool.
- In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and Swerve.
- Mix until well combined, about 3 mins.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Whip until mixture starts to thicken and is completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours or in the fridge overnight to set.
- In a medium pan heat blackberries and Swerve.
- Crush berries into a pulp as they cook.
- Mix xanthum gum and water.
- Add to berry mixture, combine well and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before using a hand blender to blend the berry mixture until smooth.
- Pour over the cheesecake, top with fresh
blackberries and serve.