Learn how to pack for a weekend of camping with this free printable camping packing list! Planning ahead and being organized is key for a great trip!
Having a camping checklist is a great way to keep organized when planning a camping trip! We spend a majority of the spring and summer months camping in the great outdoors.
Throughout the years I have transitioned from camping in a tent to sleeping in a tent trailer to towing a travel trailer to reverting back to tenting during week long backpacking treks. To say that I love camping is somewhat of an understatement at this point.
But I remember our first time camping and forgetting things like a water bottle or sleeping bag. And I was always looking for the first aid kit or camp chairs!
Today I am sharing a free printable camping packing list that is perfect for staying organized for your next camping trip. Print it out and check off all of the items listed to be sure that you have everything that you need to make your next adventure enjoyable.
How to pack for a weekend of camping:
- Organize your supplies and camping gear.
- Plan your camping meal plan using this Printable Camping Meal Planner.
- Use this free printable camping checklist (download below with an email address) to make sure that you haven’t forgotten anything.
This camping checklist can be used for both tent and trailer camping. Simply store camping equipment in large totes like these Rubbermaid ones (aff link) when you are tent camping.
We used to leave these totes organized in the garage or shed for easy storage and packing. When we purchased a travel trailer most of these item could be stored in there.
Read my Travel Trailer Organization post for tons of tips and tricks for keeping the trailer organized. If you are interested in backpacking I have lists for that too!
Check out “how to pack for a two night backpacking trip” and “what to pack for a five night backpacking trip” for those posts.
Our ultimate camping list includes: a first-aid kit, toilet paper, changes of clothes, a camp kitchen, extra blankets, camp stove and other camping supplies that will help to make our next trip more enjoyable. We are always adding important items to our family camping packing list!
This post contains affiliate links.
Essentials for printables:
- We love using this Canon Wireless Printer for perfect printing every time.
- These duotang folders are ideal for creating activity books.
- This Scotch Thermal Laminator is the one we use and it works great.
- These stackable storage containers are awesome for keeping everything organized.
The free camping packing list printable is a black and white PDF file that is easy to print and use at home.
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
There are a ton of camping recipes and resources on the blog! Be sure to check out 20+ Camping Activities and Printables, 20+ Pie Iron Recipes for Camping or 20+ Nature Scavenger Hunt Ideas for more.
I would love for you to visit my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes! If you love this camping packing list printable, please share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too.