I have another delicious nut-free date bar recipe for you today! I love homemade Lara bars but the kids could not take them to school because of nut allergy restrictions. So I created these Chocolate Coconut Date bars as an alternative and they are by far a favorite snack with our boys!
- 10 dates
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Combine ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix until a crumbly dough starts to form.
- Drop the mixture onto max paper and press into a block shape about 1/2" thick.
- Refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes).
- Cut into bars with a pizza cutter.
I usually cut these into smaller squares for lunches. They are super chocolatey and sweet, a perfect fix for a chocolate bar craving! Store in the refrigerator so that they stay firm and fresh.