Experience the magic of the holidays with this easy Christmas white trash recipe. It makes a perfectly sweet & salty treat for the holiday season.
This simple recipe creates the perfect snack for this time of year. Add this white trash snack mix to your holiday baking list!
This white chocolate chex mix is the ideal treat to make and take to holiday parties. It has a bunch of different names like; Christmas crack, white trash candy, white chocolate trail mix or junk mix but whatever you choose to call it, it’s always delicious!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
I also like to scoop this salty snack mix into cellophane bags and tie them with a ribbon – this makes a great holiday gift! Make this no bake treat to create easy teacher gifts or great neighbour gifts this Christmas!
White Chocolate Christmas Trash
Start with a few simple ingredients from the grocery store.
- Chex cereal
- White almond bark
- Salted peanuts
- Red & green m&ms
- Mini marshmallows
- Cheerios cereal
- Festive sprinkles
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the Chex cereal over the sheet in a single layer.
3. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
5. Top with m&ms, peanuts, marshmallow, cheerios and holiday sprinkles.
6. Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
7. Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.
Tips and tricks:
- Use white chocolate chips or candy melts instead of almond bark.
- Add small pretzels, golden grahams, candy corn or other common ingredients to change up this recipe to your liking.
- You can also use a large mixing bowl to mix the cereal with melted chocolate or place it all in large freezer bag to mix.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I customize the ingredients in this recipe?
Absolutely! One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. Feel free to customize the mix by adding your favorite nuts, pretzels, or candies.
If you have dietary restrictions, you can choose gluten-free cereals and pretzels, or opt for allergy-friendly alternatives. The key is to maintain a balance of sweet and salty elements to capture the perfect holiday flavor.
2. How far in advance can I prepare white trash?
You can prepare Christmas White Trash several days before your holiday festivities.
3. How should I store it to keep it fresh?
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature to maintain its freshness. Remember to store the snack mix away from direct sunlight and heat to prevent the chocolate from melting.
If you love this Christmas white trash recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest. Merry Christmas!
- 4 cups (365 g) Chex cereal
- 12 oz white almond bark
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup red & green m&ms
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Cheerios cereal
- 2 Tbsp festive sprinkles
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the Chex cereal over the sheet in a single layer.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
- Top with m&ms, peanuts, marshmallow, cheerios and holiday sprinkles.
- Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
- Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 574Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 8gSugar: 24gProtein: 16g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.