Deviled eggs are a staple for most holiday parties and potlucks. Blow everyone’s mind at the next gathering with this Hot Buffalo Deviled Egg recipe. It’s creamy, delicious and a wee bit spicy for those who like it hot! I can’t wait to share this recipe with you…
Since I began following a ketogenic lifestyle I have discovered a love for Franks’s Red Hot Sauce. There are like, zero carbs in that stuff. So, especially if you’re keto, we put that sh*t on everything! And why not add it to deviled eggs hey?! Man, you’ve just got to try it… I love the added kick that Frank’s Buffalo sauce gives these deviled eggs.
For this Hot Buffalo Deviled Egg recipe I make two fillings with the egg yolk, simply so that one is a bit darker in colour to use as a garnish. I reserve a bit of the egg yolk mixture and add even MORE Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to it before piping onto the filled eggs.
Fun right?! And delicious! Be sure to check out these 20+ Deviled Egg Recipes for more ideas!
A few must haves for making deviled eggs:
- A small cookie scoop (aff link) is perfect for using to fill the egg whites with the yolk filling.
- This deviled egg carrier (aff link) makes taking these eggs to your next party easy!
- A short, wide cooking pot (aff link) is ideal for making a lot of eggs quickly.
Tips for Easy to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Add 1 Tbsp vinegar to the water. This helps to soften the egg shell!
- Place eggs in cool water, bring water to a boil and allow the eggs to cook at a gentle rolling boil for ten minutes.
- Immediately place the eggs in a cold water bath for at least five minutes.
- Once the eggs are cool, gently tap and crack the shell on a hard surface and peel.
Start with peeled hard boiled eggs.
Cut the eggs in half and gently separate the egg yolks from the whites. Set aside the egg whites.
Mix ingredients into the egg yolks. Reserve 3 Tbsp of the egg yolk mixture and add an additional 1tsp of buffalo sauce to it. Mix well.
Spoon the first yolk mixture into the cooked egg white halves. Spoon the second mixture into a small freezer bag. Cut the corner from the bag and pipe this mixture over the eggs in a zig zag pattern.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Grab more of our favorite low carb recipes…