This easy Keto Moscow Mule recipe makes the most delicious low carb cocktail for summer! It’s perfectly refreshing and keto friendly.
Moscow Mules are my absolute favorite cocktails, followed closely by a crisp mint Mojito. So when I started following a ketogenic lifestyle, I knew that I would have to find a way to make this yummy drink low carb!
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about how I found success on keto.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite cocktail board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
What is a Moscow Mule?
A Moscow Mule is a yummy cocktail made of ginger beer, vodka, lime juice and often garnished with fresh mint. It’s served in a signature copper mug that takes on the cool temperature of the drink.
If there was one drink that I missed when I started following a ketogenic diet, it was a deliciously crisp Moscow Mule. I’m absolutely thrilled to have found a way to make this cocktail with zero carbs!
It’s actually quite a straight forward process to make this cocktail low carb. Simply substitute traditional spicy ginger beer for this yummy alternative from Zevia. This Zevia Ginger Beer can be found at most health food stores.
How to make this keto Moscow mule recipe:
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 can (222ml) Zevia Ginger Beer
- Juice from 1/2 lime (1 Tbsp)
- 1/8 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Mint leaves & lime for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Over ice, mix together Vodka, beer and lime.
- Add ginger and garnish. Tip: fresh ginger adds a spicy kick to this drink.
- Serve in a signature copper Moscow mule mug.
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of my kitchen essentials for cocktails:
- I love using these mixing pitchers for all of my drinks.
- These silicone spatulas are perfect for mixing and stirring cocktails.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- This cocktail muddler is perfect for muddling the lime and mint in mojitos.
Fun Cocktail variations:
- Experiment with different citrus flavours! Try adding oranges or lemons instead of lime to this recipe.
- Use Vodka infused with lemon, lime or oranges for an even richer citrus kick to this recipe.
- Citrus flavoured diet 7UP can be added to this recipe for more sweetness and carbination.
Other Sugar Alternatives:
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit extract is made from Monk fruit, this is another great alternative that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
I know what I will be drinking all summer long!
If you love this keto Moscow mule recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!