This mason jar Grinch craft is perfect for the holidays!
The Grinch is iconic at this time of year so we thought that it was high time that we shared this mason jar Grinch craft with you. Check out the easy tutorial…
We have shared all kinds of Grinch inspired crafts in the past! Like this pin the heart on the Grinch activity, this roll a Grinch game or this Grinch mug gift idea. So be sure to poke around the blog a bit for more fun holiday crafting ideas.
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Green acrylic paint
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- Black puffy paint
- Paint brush
- White felt material
- Large white pom pom
- Red cardstock
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to create this mason jar Grinch:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar green (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Lightly sketch features onto the jar using a pencil.
4. Paint on features with black paint (eyes, nose and mouth).
5. Fill the eyes in with yellow paint.
6. Add a red pupil to the eyes.
7. Allow the paint to dry completely.
8. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
9. Cut a red triangle shape 3.5″ x 3.5″ out of red cardstock.
10. Cut a rectangular shape 1″x4″ out of white felt material.
11. Glue the material to the bottom of the red triangle and glue the white pom pom to the top.
12. Glue the finished Santa hat to the top front edge of the mason jar.
13. Fill the jar with festive goodies.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
I love how the Grinch looks filled up with colorful red striped straws! You could use candy canes, Hershey’s Kisses or homemade baking like these Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies to fill up this mason jar as well.
What would you fill this with?!
When you make a mason jar Grinch craft please share a photo. If you like this project please help me share on Facebook or Pinterest!