We love, love, love this mason jar reindeer craft!
This is such a fun project to create with the kids because it is easy to make and absolutely adorable. Follow the step-by-step instructions and make a reindeer mason jar of your own!
We love reindeer crafting as proven by this Reindeer embroidery hoop ornament, this alphabet block Reindeer, this wooden Reindeer ornament and this crochet Reindeer head pattern. Clearly we are reindeer craft experts so be sure to check out these 20+ Reindeer Craft for Kids too!
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Brown acrylic paint
- Brown felt material
- Paint brush
- 2 – brown pipe cleaners
- 2 – large googly eyes
- Large red pom pom
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make a mason jar reindeer:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar brown (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
4. Cut a two ear shapes approx. 1.5″ out of brown felt material.
5. Glue the ears to each side of the jar.
6. Twist the pipe cleaners into antler shapes. Tip: Wrap each pipe cleaner around a pencil for the perfect spiral look.
7. Glue the antlers to each side of the top of the jar.
8. Glue the red pom pom to the front bottom edge of the jar.
9. Glue the eyes above the red pom pom nose.
10. Fill the jar with candy (the most important part).
You guys, how cute is this little reindeer face?! The oversized eyes and nose make this craft totally adorable!
This post contains affiliate links.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
When you make one of these mason jar reindeer crafts please share! I would love to see it…