Discover spine-chilling Halloween recipes! This list of scary food ideas will thrill your taste buds and haunt your guests.
I love making themed food for any and every holiday! There is something about it that just tastes better. Besides, it’s just plain fun getting creative with food!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Halloween parties are especially fun to create food for. When the boys were younger, there were class parties to bring Halloween treats to.
Now that they are older, I still love making fun holiday-themed treats for them. Those snacks just get eaten at home rather than at school.
Today, I have put together a whole list of creepy Halloween party food ideas for you use this Halloween. All of these recipes are perfect for the spookiest night of the year.
With both sweet and savory choices, there is something for everyone. Your party guests are going to love them.
This post contains affiliate links.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – a mixing bowl and hand mixer works just as well, however a KitchenAid stand mixer has been a staple in my kitchen for years.
- Baking sheets – I like these large sheet pans from Wilton with the deep sides. They are very versatile and can be used in multiple ways!
- Parchment paper – using parchment paper to line your cookie sheets is the best way to prevent the cookies from sticking! I reuse each sheet of parchment multiple times.
- Rolling pin – I like to use a wooden rolling pin, but this comes down to personal preference.
- Mixing bowls – glass mixing bowls are my favorite, because I can see what is happening while mixing.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I am forever losing and buying new ones!
- Cookie cutters – there are a ton of different cookie cutter shapes now. Have fun with these!
- Wire cooling rack – this one is perfect for cooling cookies quickly.
Gross food to have on hand:
- Candy eyeballs, gummy worms and candy eyes
- Grapes, cherry tomatoes
- Long, thin pasta like spaghetti or chow mein noodles
- Tomato sauce or tomato paste
- Black and red food coloring
Looking for more Halloween recipe ideas?! Check out…
Scary Food Ideas:
Halloween Cheese Ball – This delicious combination of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and a bit of spice is sure to be a big hit at your next Halloween party! It’s one of those Halloween recipes that’s totally creepy, yet so easy to create!
Halloween Deep Dish Pizza – Kids of all ages will love this hauntingly delicious blend of gooey cheese, savory toppings, and all their favorite pizza flavors. The secret is using strips of pizza dough to create that creepy look. You could even turn this recipe into mini pizzas if you wanted.
Mozza Ball Eyes – These delightfully eerie mozza eyes make the perfect scary Halloween food! Creamy mozzarella balls, black olives, and prosciutto make a spooky appetizer that’s sure to haunt your taste buds! Switch up the look by using various sizes of the cheese balls. You can also make some of of them bloodshot eyes using sweet cherry tomatoes.
Halloween Cinnamon Roll Brains – Making cinnamon roll brains is such a fun, festive way to enjoy these classic sweet treats. They are absolutely delicious, creepy, and easy to make too! Create this brain shaped cinnamon roll casserole for your spooky Halloween celebrations this year.
Halloween Hand Pies – The whole family will delight in every bite of these Halloween hand pies! Spooky and scrumptious, these delicious treats are so much fun to eat. They are the perfect way to satisfy your festive cravings.
Halloween Party Tips:
- When planning your Halloween menu, create a balance of salty and sweet with your snack foods. Be sure to make room for a few healthy Halloween snack options on your holiday table too. Try a plate of fruit and veggies in a color that suits your theme. Or make healthy rainbows, with fruit, veggies, or a mix of both.
- Whenever possible, get family members involved in the cooking process. Older kids can chop and mix. Younger ones make excellent decorators.
- Shopping at your local dollar store is a great way to save money on Halloween decorations, serving platters, and fun activity and craft ideas. Even better, shop clearance sales at the end of the season and stock up for next year.
I know you are going to love all of these delicious recipes this spooky season. For even more fun Halloween food ideas, check out this list of Halloween party foods and Halloween snack ideas. Happy Halloween!