Get ready for a hauntingly delicious time with our spooktacular Halloween snack ideas! Creepy treats, ghoulish delights, and eerie eats await.
Making themed food is something I have always loved doing for any and every holiday! There is something about it that just tastes better. Besides, it’s just plain fun getting creative with food!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Halloween parties are especially fun to create food for. When the boys were younger, there were class parties to bring Halloween treats to. Now that they are older, I still love making fun Halloween snacks and treats for them to enjoy at home.
Today, I have put together a whole list of easy Halloween snack ideas for you. All of these recipes are perfect for the Halloween season. With both sweet and savory choices, there is something for everyone.
Whether you are hosting a costume party or a Halloween movie night, your guests are going to love these spooky snacks.
Looking for more Halloween recipe ideas?! Check out…
This post contains affiliate links.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – a mixing bowl and hand mixer works just as well, however a KitchenAid stand mixer has been a staple in my kitchen for years.
- Baking sheets – I like these large sheet pans from Wilton with the deep sides. They are very versatile and can be used in multiple ways!
- Parchment paper – using parchment paper to line your cookie sheets is the best way to prevent the cookies from sticking! I reuse each sheet of parchment multiple times.
- Rolling pin – I like to use a wooden rolling pin, but this comes down to personal preference.
- Mixing bowls – glass mixing bowls are my favorite, because I can see what is happening while mixing.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I am forever losing and buying new ones!
- Cookie cutters – there are a ton of different cookie cutter shapes now. Have fun with these!
- Wire cooling rack – this one is perfect for cooling cookies quickly.
Halloween Snack Ideas:
Ghost Cinnamon Buns – These ghost cinnamon rolls are great for Halloween. Make this deliciously easy, sweet treat for breakfast, dessert, or as an after-school snack!
Zombie Pretzels – I think these fun Hocus Pocus zombie pretzels are totally adorable! They make the best snacks for your next Halloween party!
Mummy Pie – Using crescent roll dough is such an easy way to save time when making these flaky mummy pies. The fun candy eyes are the perfect addition to this deliciously spooky Halloween treat!
Monster Pretzels – These easy Halloween treats are covered in melted chocolate and loaded with candy eyeballs for the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Use colored candy melts or dye white chocolate with green, blue, and orange food coloring.
Ghost Breadsticks – Cut out and baked to golden brown perfection, these eerie treats are a personal favorite. Serve them up with marinara sauce for dipping. You could even add black olives for eyes.
Candy Apples – Savor the enchanting crunch of Halloween candy apples! Coated in a black candy glaze, this festive treat is the perfect way to add to the Halloween fun.
Halloween Sugar Cookies – These Halloween cookies, decorated in creative ways, are the perfect treat for Halloween! The free printable tag makes them ideal for gifting to classmates, teachers, or friends.
Candy Corn Popcorn Ball– Savor the perfect blend of sweet and salty with this candy corn popcorn ball! The whole family will love this colorful, crunchy treat!
Delight in these Jack Skellington hand pies! Spiced pumpkin filling is encased in flaky pastry, creating a spooky Halloween treat.
Halloween Party Tips:
- When planning your Halloween menu, create a balance of salty and sweet with your snack foods. Be sure to make room for a few healthy Halloween snacks on your holiday table too. Try a plate of fruit and veggies in a color that suits your theme. Or make healthy rainbows, with fruit, veggies, or a mix of both.
- Whenever possible, get family members involved in the cooking process. Older kids can chop and mix. Younger ones make excellent decorators.
- Shopping at your local dollar store is a great way to save money on Halloween decorations, serving platters, and fun activity and craft ideas. Even better, shop clearance sales at the end of the season and stock up for next year.
Get into the Halloween spirit with these delicious recipes this spooky season. For even more fun Halloween recipes, check out this list of Halloween party foods and scary Halloween food ideas. Happy Halloween!