Sour cream & chive deviled eggs are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. Creamy, tangy and full of flavor – these bites are sure to impress!
I love, love, love deviled eggs! If you’re reading this post, I’m hoping that you love them too because today I have a delicious variation to the traditional deviled egg recipe.
These Sour Cream & Chive Deviled Eggs are a must try at your next party or event! I can’t wait to share this recipe with you…
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Now that I follow a ketogenic lifestyle, I am always looking for low carb versions of old favorites. I miss baked potatoes covered in butter, sour cream and chives.
So I decided to add sour cream & chives to my classic devilled eggs and was pleasantly surprised with the result! They are delicious and satisfy my sour cream & chive craving without all of the added carbohydrates. Win/win!
Total bonus that they create a lovely presentation and are a crowd pleaser at any party! The flavours are spot on, delicious and creamy with a hint of sour cream & chive. We also love these fully loaded deviled eggs and dill pickle deviled eggs too so be sure to check them out!
Tips for Easy to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Add 1 Tbsp vinegar to the water. This helps to soften the egg shell!
- Place eggs in cool water, bring water to a boil and allow the eggs to cook at a gentle rolling boil for ten minutes.
- Immediately place the eggs in a cold water bath for at least five minutes.
- Once the eggs are cool, gently tap and crack the shell on a hard surface and peel.
Start with peeled hard boiled eggs.
Cut the eggs in half and gently separate the egg yolks from the whites. Set aside the egg whites.
Combine the filling ingredients with the egg yolk and mix well.
Fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture and top with sour cream. Garnish with fresh diced chives and serve at your next party or gathering. Where would you take these sour cream & chive deviled eggs?
Please let me know if you try this deviled egg recipe. Be sure to check out these 20+ Deviled Egg Recipes for more ideas!
This post contains affiliate links.
A few must haves for making deviled eggs:
- A small cookie scoop is perfect for using to fill the egg whites with the yolk filling.
- This deviled egg carrier makes taking these eggs to your next party easy!
- A short, wide cooking pot is ideal for making a lot of eggs quickly.
If you love this sour cream & chive deviled eggs recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chives, diced
- Cook eggs until hard boiled.
- Allow to cool completely and peel.
- Cut eggs in half and separate the yolk into a small bowl.
- Add next five ingredients to the egg yolk and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooked egg white halves.
- Top with sour cream and chives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g