Delight your taste buds with this vibrant cranberry salsa recipe, a festive twist on a classic dip. The perfect holiday appetizer!
The best cranberry salsa recipe – delicious, fresh ingredients combined to make the perfect holiday appetizer!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be waiting there when you’re ready.
This recipe is a festive addition to any holiday dish and is especially amazing when served over a plate of warm, melty brie cheese. It’s super easy to make and simple to prepare in minutes this holiday season!
Cranberry salsa is a staple in our home around the holidays! It’s great to serve on charcuterie boards and pairs nicely with cream cheese and Eves Crackers at holiday parties.
The combination of sweet and spicy flavours of this salsa gives any dish an extra kick. I especially love the look of the fresh jalapeno peppers and fresh cranberries all diced together for a festive addition to any plate.
It’s a fun twist on a more traditional cranberry sauce – this spicy cranberry salsa may quickly become your favorite appetizer!
Cranberry salsa recipe:
- Whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onion stalks, diced
- Jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- Limes, juiced
- Swerve granulated sweetener (or white sugar)
- Fresh ginger, minced
This recipe makes about two and a half cups of fresh salsa depending on the size of your vegetables and cranberries. I like to use swerve sweetener to make this a low carb cranberry salsa but white sugar can be used when not counting carbs.
- Purchase ingredients at the grocery store then wash and prepare them.
2. Dice the jalapeno and green onions, chop the cilantro.
3. Combine all of the chopped ingredients, cranberries and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.
4. Pulse cranberries in the food processor until the salsa is finely diced. Alternatively the cranberries can be chopped finely and combined with the other ingredients rather than using a food processor for a chunkier salsa.
Cilantro and lime can be added to your liking but we always think the more cilantro, the better. Fresh cilantro and lime juice is a must have in order to get the crisp, fresh flavour that makes this the most amazing salsa!
What to dip in cranberry salsa?
Basically, anything with a salty base will be amazing with this recipe.
- Tortilla chips
- Ritz crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Cinnamon chips
- Eves crackers
- Wheat thins
The best way to serve this recipe is over a warm, gooey round of brie cheese. This Cranberry Salsa Baked Brie cheese dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next holiday party or event!
This recipe makes a fresh and delicious spicy salsa; however you can add all sorts of things to this dish to change it up.
- granny smith apple
- lemon juice
- white onion
- red onion
- apple cider vinegar
- bell pepper
- chili flakes
- olive oil
- orange zest
Can you can cranberry salsa?
Yes! You can preserve this cranberry salsa recipe by canning it. Simply follow the steps for canning in my Traditional Salsa Canning post.
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of my kitchen essentials:
- I love using these mixing bowls for all of my recipes.
- These silicone spatulas are perfect for mixing and stirring salsa ingredients.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
How long does fresh cranberry salsa last?
Cranberry salsa will last for up to one week when sealed in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s best served after resting in the fridge for an hour or more.
It can stay at room temperature for a couple of hours before it should be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the fridge. Serve it with leftover turkey the next day and make turkey sandwiches a holiday favorite!
It’s truly one of those easy recipes that is sure to become a family favorite!
If you love this fresh cranberry salsa recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
- 12 oz whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 head of cilantro, chopped
- 6 green onion stalks, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup Swerve granulated sweetener (or white sugar)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Wash and prepare the ingredients.
2. Dice the jalapeno and onion, chop the cilantro.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor.
4. Pulse the food processor until the salsa is finely diced. Alternatively the cranberries can be chopped finely and combined with the other ingredients rather than using a food processor for a chunkier salsa.