This turkey block place setting craft is absolutely adorable! I am so excited to be spending more time with friends and family this Thanksgiving weekend. But first I have to share these adorable little Turkey Block Place Settings that I created for our kids. I plan on setting the “kids table” with these turkeys holding a tag with each childs name. I know that they will love them, let me show you how to make your own…
How to make a turkey place setting craft:
Wooden alphabet blocks
Hot glue gun and glue
- We start with these fun alphabet blocks painted brown. It would be cool to use one with the first initial of each guest!
2. Begin by cutting strips of red, orange, yellow and brown paper 2 3/4″ by 3/4″. Fold each piece of paper in half lengthwise.
3. Cut a curve into both ends of the paper and snip along the edge to create a feather.
4. Cut a yellow triangle for a beak and a red thing-a-majig. What is that gobble, gobble called anyway?
5. Cut a piece of wire to 7″. Use a hot glue gun to glue the feathers and wire to the back of the turkey.
6. Finally glue the facial features to the front of the block and paint on eyes.
He is far too cute, no?! I plan on writing the kids names on a piece of card stock and affixing it to the wire holder to create a place setting.
More crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Do you go all out decorating for Thanksgiving or keep it low key?