Explore this collection of mouthwatering smoked chicken recipes. From classic BBQ to zesty marinades, elevate your flavors with these smoky delights.
Love chicken? Check out this list of some of the best smoked chicken recipes ever!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Why a Traeger Grill is Awesome
Seriously, the first time we used our Traeger grill, I was blown away! Unlike a typical gas or charcoal grill, the Traeger uses wood pellets. You can keep track of the entire cooking process from your phone. You can even control the grill temperature and smoke setting. This grill is what dreams are made of!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Traeger 780 Pro Smoker Grill – this is our Traeger pellet grill model, it’s the perfect size for families who like to entertain! Be sure to check out all of our must have Traeger products.
- Meater Thermometer – we love this wireless meat thermometer. It connects to an app that tells you exactly when your meat is done!
- Cast Iron Skillet – a cast iron skillet is useful in many of our recipes and is a versatile piece of cookware.
Smoked Chicken Recipes
Easy Beer Can Chicken – This whole chicken recipe will be the best thing that you make all summer. It comes out absolutely delicious, moist, and perfectly cooked on the grill every time.
Whole Smoked Chicken – The wonderfully smoky flavor of this chicken recipe is always a crowd-pleaser! The chicken is first brined with lemon and fresh herbs, then slowly smoked to perfection.
Traeger Grilled Chicken Wings – Juicy, crispy, and perfectly cooked, these wings are a grilling masterpiece. Use this dry rub recipe, Traeger chicken rub, or your favorite chicken rub. Get ready for a wing experience like no other!
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Wings – These grilled teriyaki chicken wings are delicious and bursting with flavor! Marinated in a homemade teriyaki sauce and grilled to perfection, they’re ideal for any occasion.
BBQ Chicken Wings – These chicken wings have so much flavor! Grilled to perfection and coated with our to-die-for homemade BBQ sauce, these wings are a must-make!
Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Drumsticks – Satisfy your taste buds with these flavorful teriyaki grilled chicken legs. They are perfect for a summer BBQ or a quick weeknight dinner.
BBQ Grilled Chicken Drumsticks – This recipe is going to become a new family favorite. Perfectly seasoned and grilled to perfection, they’re sure to be a hit at your next cookout.
Huli Huli Chicken – This juicy chicken recipe is absolutely delicious and one of my favorite Hawaiian inspired recipes. The pineapple and teriyaki marinade gives these chicken thighs the perfect sweet and savory flavor.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs – Get your taste buds sizzling with this Traeger chicken thighs recipe! Perfectly juicy and packed with flavor, these are the best smoked chicken thighs.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Thighs – These juicy and flavorful grilled teriyaki chicken thighs are sure to satisfy. Marinated and cooked to perfection, this dish is a must-try!
More recipes to try!
The Best Chicken Brine – We love to use this chicken brine recipe whenever we want to cook the most tender and juicy bird! Add this quick and easy recipe to your meal planning list.
Tips and tricks
- You can use a prepackaged seasoning blend to flavor your meat or make your own at home. Some of the spices that we like to use with chicken include garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, chipotle pepper, and brown sugar.
- Most recipes can use various cuts of chicken meat. Try boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs or drumsticks. Use bone-in pieces rather than boneless. Just be aware that your cooking time may change with the substitutions.
- Always ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken has reached a healthy level, according to food safety guidelines. The best way to do this is with an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, thigh, drumstick, etc.
- The type of wood or Traeger pellets that you use when smoking meat will change the flavors that you get. Try different kinds to see which you like best.
- Always store leftover chicken in the fridge, either in an airtight container or covered snuggly with plastic wrap.
Whether you are cooking a whole chicken or just pieces, I hope that you will enjoy some of these new recipes with your family and friends very soon.
If you love these smoked chicken recipes, please help me share them on Facebook or Pinterest!