You are going to LOVE today’s recipe my friends!! This is a dish that I create quite often and one that my friends have requested over and over. You are sure to love this bacon cheeseburger casserole. It is perfect for those who may be following a ketogenic, low carb lifestyle or anyone just looking for an easy, delicious meal to serve the whole family!
This Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is a great make ahead or weekday meal to add to your menu planning. I love the flavors of bacon & cheese and will often pair this with a side garden salad. I like to top this casserole with a dollop of mayo and mustard for a more authentic burger vibe.
Craving your favorite bacon cheeseburger take-out? Try this first!
How to make bacon cheeseburger casserole:
Place meat mixture in a medium baking dish and top with crumbled bacon. I use ground turkey for a good source of lean protein but you can definitely use ground beef if you wanted.
Pour egg mixture over the meat and top with cheese and fresh dill. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 pound ground turkey (or beef)
- 100 g onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Franks hot sauce
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup shredded tex mex cheese
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon. Set aside.
- Add turkey to the pan and cook on medium.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is opaque.
- Reduce temperature to low and add cream cheese, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
- Stir and combine with turkey until the cream cheese is melted.
- Place meat mixture into the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, cream and spices.
- Pour overtop of meat mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350.
This is a dish that can easily be prepared ahead of time and warmed up later. I often make this bacon cheeseburger casserole as part of my meal preparation for lunches. Make an entire casserole and when it is cooled, divide it into four portions and freeze each portion for easy lunches to use on the go.
I hope that you enjoy this bacon cheeseburger casserole recipe!