For the last few weeks all that we have been talking about is Tacos! Taco Bake, Taco Seasoning and Hamburger Soup… so today I thought that we should round it off with this super easy Crockpot Beef Taco recipe.
I absolutely love having crockpot meals already prepared and ready to use in my freezer. This meal is no exception! This Crockpot Taco recipe is probably one of the most versatile because it can be used for so many things once cooked. As the base for chili, an addition to taco salad, the start to burritos or simply the filling for tacos whether you use traditional corn/flour tortillas or lettuce wraps. This recipe is a winner! So print, pin, save and use it in your meal planning!
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions.
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- This 7-Quart Oval Crockpot is the only one that I use and has lasted for over ten years!
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Taste of Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
How to make this crockpot beef taco recipe:
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
Combine all of the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve with your favorite taco shells or salad.
This is the perfect recipe to “batch” into your meal prepping. Plan to make four or more complete crockpot taco recipes and schedule them into your weekly planning. The brilliant part is that no two meals need to look the same!
If you love this easy crockpot recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!