This DIY Clay Wall Hanging is simple to create and makes a lovely addition to my basket gallery wall! Adding a boho inspired piece of wall art to your home is easy with this step-by-step tutorial!
I absolutely love this pretty little addition to our home! And you guys, it is SO EASY to create, seriously! All you need is a bit of white polymer clay, wood beads and hemp.
How to make DIY Clay Wall Hanging:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- rolling pin
- circle shaped cookie cutters
- parchment paper
- white polymer clay
- cutting and piercing tool
- wood beads
Tip: use what you have! I don’t have a 1″ circle shaped cutter, or couldn’t find it anyway, so I used the lid from a jar in the kitchen.
- Roll the white clay onto parchment paper until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
2. Cut two large 2.5″ circles and one 1″ circle out of the clay. Cut the larger circles in half.
3. Use the piercing tool to poke holes into the top and bottom of each piece, making sure that they are lined up in the center.
4. Place the clay in the oven and bake as directed on the package. Different clay has different baking temperatures and times.
5. String the finished clay pieces together using hemp. Add a wooden bead between each piece. Tip: tie a knot on either side of each bead to help them stay in place.
I love, love, love the pop of texture that this wall art brings to my space! And it was so simple to create! A true win, win in our home.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this DIY clay wall hanging, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!