These DIY leaf impression ornaments are quick and easy to make with this step-by-step tutorial. This would be a fun nature craft for the kids!
How darling are these clay leaf ornaments?! They would be such a pretty addition to a gift or your seasonal decor.
We have been obsessed with clay crafts recently! Be sure to check out this DIY Clay Plant Pot or these Polymer Clay Snowflake Ornaments too.
How to make these DIY leaf impression ornaments:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- rolling pin
- small circle cookie cutter
- parchment paper
- white polymer clay
- cutting and piercing tool
- maple leaf
- wooden beads
- Gather your supplies.
2. Roll the clay flat with the rolling pin until it is about 1/4″ thick.
3. Cut out circle shapes with the cookie cutter.
4. Place a maple leaf over the clay cut out. Roll over the leaf applying firm, even pressure. Remove the leaf to reveal the textured imprint.
5. Create a hole in the top of the clay leaf using the piercing tool.
6. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and into the oven to bake as directed on the package. Different clay has different baking temperatures and times.
7. Once cool, tie with wooden beads and hemp to hang.
Fun right?! I love how simple these leaf ornaments are to make! We’ve made these clay leaf ornaments before too. I could craft with polymer clay all the live long day!
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey polymer oven bake clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love these DIY leaf impression ornaments, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!