This DIY Clay Leaf Ornament is simple to make with these step-by-step instructions. The combination of colors and texture make this clay leaf really stand out!
How lovely are these clay leaf ornaments?! They would be such a pretty addition to a gift or your seasonal decor.
How to make this DIY clay leaf ornament:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- rolling pin
- small leaf cookie cutters
- parchment paper
- red, orange & green polymer clay
- cutting and piercing tool
- maple leaf
- wooden beads
- Combine a small bit of red, orange and green clay together and roll into a ball.
2. Roll out the clay on parchment paper until it is about 1/4″ thick.
3. Cut out leaf shapes using the cookie cutters.
4. Place a real leaf over the clay cut out. Roll over the leaf applying firm, even pressure. Remove the real leaf to reveal the textured imprint. Create a hole in the top of the clay leaf using the piercing tool.
5. Place the clay in the oven and bake as directed on the package. Different clay has different baking temperatures and times.
6. Hang the clay leaf ornament with twine and a wooden bead.
So pretty hey?! I love how the leaves look with the swirl of clay colors!
Be sure to check out how I made these leaves into this leaf wall hanging!
This would be a fun craft for the kids to talk about mixing colors, the changing of the seasons and learning how to do leaf impressions.
Crafting essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey polymer oven bake clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this DIY clay leaf ornament craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!