This low carb cream of mushroom soup recipe is the perfect dish for fall! It uses simple ingredients and is easy to make at home. The cooler weather has me craving all of the soup so I thought that I should start off with this delicious, keto friendly mushroom soup this year!
Cream of mushroom soup has always been one of my favorites. Not only is it tasty, it’s also super easy to make at home from scratch! It only requires a few simple ingredients and not a lot of time to cook. A win, win in my books. I also love this Low Carb Hamburger Soup (a family favorite) and this Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (YUM!)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 celery stalks, diced
½ white onion, diced
2 cups (450g) white mushrooms, diced
8 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
How to make low carb cream of mushroom soup:
It’s truly quick and easy to make this recipe at home!
- Dice celery, onion and mushrooms.
2. Place in a medium pot with oil and saute until onion is opaque.
3. Add remaining ingredients to pot and mix well. Tip: use beef broth for a richness that really brings out the mushroom flavour of this dish.
4. Simmer for 20-30 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
This makes four servings and would be perfect for lunch and meal preparation for the week as it stores well. Simply pour extra servings into air tight containers, store in the fridge for up to one week and use for easy grab and go lunches!
Kitchen essentials for cooking:
- I love using these non-stick pots and pans for all of my sauteing.
- These silicone spatulas are perfect for mixing and stirring food.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These rubbermade containers are perfect for storing and packing food.
With only 6 carbs per serving this low carb cream of mushroom soup recipe is the perfect addition to my fall menu planning. It’s a winner with the whole family which is awesome because who wants to make separate keto meals all the time?!
Next up I will be adapting this yummy Coconut Curry Chicken Soup to be more keto compliant! It’s usually a pretty easy task with the addition of cauliflower rice instead of traditional grains. Stay tuned!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1909mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g