This focaccia mug bread recipe is an easy gluten free bread that is easy to make. I seriously love, love, love mug bread! It is a game changer when you follow a ketogenic lifestyle because it allows you to still enjoy bread while keeping your day low carb. Today I am sharing one of my favorite ways to prepare 90 second mug bread with this focaccia mug bread recipe.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
I often work in middle school and high school and one day in foods class the kids were making traditional focaccia bread. It looked and smelled amazing! That experience inspired me to make my own keto friendly version of focaccia bread later that night to pair with keto chili. It was a winning recipe to say the least!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
How to make this focaccia mug bread recipe:
- Melt butter in a small microwave safe dish. Add flour, baking powder and egg to mug. Mix well and place into a microwave safe mug or dish.
2. Top with olive oil, rosemary and salt. Cook for 90 seconds in a microwave.
3. Alternatively you can bake this in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
I use this mug bread for:
- Dipping in soup
- Sandwich making
- Garlic toast
- Tuna melts
- Grilled cheese
- and tons more!
I really like that I can literally have a low carb bread substitute any time I want. The ingredients are all easily found in your local grocery store and it only takes 90 seconds to make!
More tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto mug bread recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 783mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g