This painted rock Grinch craft is a fun & easy holiday project to do with the kids! My boys love to create all sorts of Grinch crafts for Christmas.
Now for this Grinch craft, first you need to start with some rocks, clearly! I really like these flat river rocks for painting from Amazon. It can sometimes be hard to find the perfect flat rock for craft projects and so these rocks make it easy! But if you want to go out rock hunting just be sure to wash the rocks that you find thoroughly before using them for your project.
This post contains affiliate links:
- 2-3” oval rocks
- Black acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make this painted rock Grinch craft:
Start by downloading the free Grinch Printable to use as a guide if needed.
- Gather supplies then paint the entire rock green.
Tip: place a bit of putty on the back of the rock to stick it to your craft surface while painting.
2. Lightly sketch features onto the rock using a pencil.
3. Paint on the features with black paint (eyes, nose and mouth). Fill the eyes in with yellow paint. Tip: a fine tip paint brush works best for this.
4. Add a red pupil to the eyes and allow the paint to dry completely. Seal it with a coat of Mod Podge if you want.
More of my crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
This would make the cutest teacher or random acts of kindness gift for someone!