These pepperoni pizza skewers make the perfect appetizer for sharing at your next party or gathering. My boys are huge fans of anything with the word “pizza” in it so I knew that these pizza skewers would be a huge hit with them.
They are totally fun to make with kids and great for birthday parties. Let me show you how to throw together this tasty pepperoni pizza skewer appetizer…
Can you say Superbowl Party MVP?! Put these on your must make list for the superbowl this year you guys! I have to admit that I don’t actually watch the game but I sure do enjoy all of the superbowl appetizers. These pizza skewers would be a huge hit at this years party for sure!
We usually have some sort of yummy pizza dish at all of the parties that I host. I love this Pizza Bun recipe because it has been much loved by everyone who tries it.
I think that these pizza skewers might surpass that recipe in the near future though because they are just that good! My original pizza bun recipe is over ten years old so that’s saying a lot my friends.
What you need to make this pizza recipe:
- 60 mini pepperoni slices
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust (I used Pillsbury)
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 12 bamboo skewers
How to make pepperoni pizza skewers:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto the baking sheet.
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. (12 strips)
4. Thread 5 mini pepperoni slices on each skewer. Be sure to leave enough space between each slice for the pizza dough.
5. Starting at the blunt end of the skewer, pierce the dough and spiral-wrap the strip around the pepperoni. Allow the meat to “peak” through. Finish off by piercing the dough onto the pointy end of the skewer.
6. Place pizza skewers on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Melt the butter. Mix together melted butter, garlic powder & basil.
8. Brush the pizza skewers lightly with garlic basil butter.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until pizza dough is light golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
This post contains affiliate links.
Kitchen essentials for making pizza skewers:
- I love using these cookie sheets for all of my baking.
- These silicone tongs are perfect for moving and turning the skewers.
- This pizza cutter is my favorite for slicing dough in the kitchen.
These pizza skewers are super easy to make but have a lot of impact when being served! My guests are always wow’d. We also love these Zucchini Pizza Bites, this Campfire Pizza Bake and these delicious Pizza buns!
It would be fun to experiment with other pizza toppings on these skewers.
More pizza topping ideas:
- bell pepper
- hard cubed cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- ranch sauce for dipping
These pepperoni pizza skewers would make the perfect appetizer for your next party. What would you serve them with?