This is the perfect pumpkin spice scone recipe for fall. Moist, delicious and slightly sweet you are going to want to make these tonight!
I love that these are light, flaky and that with just a touch of icing you can kick up the sweet factor… or not. Your choice.
How to make these Pumpkin Spice Scones:
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs, sour cream and pumpkin.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Form dough into two balls.
- Place each ball onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten into a larger circle about 1" thick.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and use a pizza cutter to cut into wedges.
- Top with a mixture of icing sugar and milk if desired.
Serve them with a Pumpkin Spice Latte and you are sure to win a hostess of the year award! SO GOOD!
More tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.