This is the perfect pumpkin spice scone recipe for fall. Moist, delicious and slightly sweet you are going to want to make these pumpkin scones tonight!
I love that these are light and flaky with just a touch of icing to kick up the sweet factor.
Ingredients that you’ll need for these scones:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
How to make this pumpkin spice scone recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs, sour cream and pumpkin.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Form dough into two balls.
- Place each ball onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten into a larger circle about 1″ thick.
- Cut each ball into eight wedges and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Drizzle with icing sugar if desired.
Serve these pumpkin spice scones with a Pumpkin Spice Latte and you are sure to win a hostess of the year award!
This post contains affiliate links.
Kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
More tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
If you love this easy recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!