This darling smores craft is easy to make with the kids and only requires a bit of polymer clay, twine and a sharpie marker. Create a cute smores ornament with this step-by-step tutorial!
How freaking adorable are these little smores?! And you guys, it is SO EASY to create, seriously!
It’s camping season around here so when we decided to get creative recently, these smores came to mind! We love smores as showcased in this smores cookie recipe, this Smore’s tshirt tutorial and these cinnamon bun smores.My friend Laura, at Me and My Inklings, has the cutest line of Kindness lunch notes, postcards and even a book that would make the best addition to this craft and the perfect gift! Her little smore doodle inspired our design.
How to make this smores clay craft:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- rolling pin
- parchment paper
- white polymer clay
- tan polymer clay
- brown polymer clay
- cutting and piercing tool
- black sharpie fine tip marker
- Roll the white clay into balls about 3/4″ thick. Press into a cylinder, marshmallow shape.
2. Roll the tan clay to about 1/4″ thick. Cut into 1/2″ squares and mark with four round indents to create graham crackers.
3. Form a 1/4″ ball of brown clay into melted chocolate. Roll the clay 1/8″ flat and use the shaping tool to mold the clay.
4. Layer the brown clay on the top of a marshmallow, making it look like its dripping down the sides.
5. Place a tan square on the top and bottom of the marshmallow.
6. Use a piercing tool to poke a hole through the center of the clay smore.
7. Bake the clay as directed in the oven. For me this was 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
8. Once the clay has cooled, sketch a little face onto it using a fine tipped sharpie. Thread a loop of twine through the hole in the center and you are done!
Didn’t these smores turn out darling?!
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
I love, love, love all of the little details on these ornaments! And they were so simple to create! A true win, win in our home.
Be sure to check out Laura’s Kindness Collection and tell me which one is your favorite! We can’t wait to deliver these cute smore ornaments as random acts of kindness to friends.
If you love this smore craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!