This Crockpot Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe is a family favorite slow cooker freezer meal. It’s so easy to prepare and store until needed.
This is easily one of my most well loved recipes. Total bonus points that it is keto and low carb compliant! I always add this Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe to my monthly meal planning and preparations.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
This recipe is very similar in flavour to my Keto Curry Chicken in a skillet recipe only this one is made in a crockpot. I love crockpot meals for busy weekdays when the kids and I are often travelling in opposite directions and need a quick meal. This can easy be adapted for the Instant Pot too, just follow the directions below.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions.
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- This 7-Quart Oval Crockpot is the only one that I use and has lasted for over ten years!
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Taste of Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Adjust the amount of red curry in the recipe to suit your families taste. More curry will make this dish spicier. And don’t be afraid to add the fish sauce! It adds a flavour profile that takes this recipe to a whole new level. I like to serve this over steamed cauliflower rice for a completely keto friendly meal however traditional white rice works great too!
If you love this easy crockpot recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Medium onion, diced
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Small zucchini, diced
- 12 button mushrooms, quartered
- Carrot stalk, diced
- Celery stalk, diced
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp basil
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.