We have always loved shrimp around here and this garlic butter shrimp cooked in white wine is no exception. The rich combination of flavours is absolutely delicious!
Garlic butter shrimp is one of those meals that my boys cannot get enough of. While this recipe will generously serve four people that depends on if those people are growing boys. My boys could easily eat this all themselves.
I must say that this is probably the easiest shrimp recipe that you will make. There are not any hard to find ingredients or steps involved. Just simple, real food.
We paired our shrimp with this Gewurts from one of my favorite local wineries, See Ya Later Ranch. But you can use any white wine of your choosing, we actually used a cooking wine for this recipe. Tip: save your favorite wine for drinking with this recipe, not cooking in it *wink*.
How to cook garlic butter shrimp in white wine:
- Prepare the shrimp.
- In a medium frying pan, soak shrimp in white wine.
- Add green onion and cook on medium until opaque.
- Remove shrimp from pan.
- In same pan heat butter and garlic until it begins to brown.
- Add shrimp and saute until coated in butter and heated through.
- Top with a dash of lemon juice and chives.
We often serve these garlic butter shrimp along with our Lemon Chipotle BBQ Salmon with grilled asparagus on the side. Sounds amazing right?! Trust me, it is. And honestly this dish is super easy to cook and tastes amazing!
Kitchen essentials for sauteing:
- I love using these non-stick T-fal Frying Pans (aff link) for all of my sauteing.
- These silicone tongs (aff link) are perfect for flipping and grasping.
- This Henckel Knife (aff link) is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These grilling bags (aff link) make clean up a breeze and these parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging.