This lemon chipotle BBQ salmon recipe is a summer time staple around here. We love the light combination of flavours and perfectly cooked fish on the grill.
We have been making all kinds of delicious grilled recipes this spring like these grilled zucchini bites and cheesy campfire dip. And did you see the garbage can turkey recipe from last week?! Mind blown!!
I have to say that this grilled salmon is probably my favorite recent recipe though. And that is saying a lot because prior to being introduced to this dish, I didn’t even like fish! The combination of delicious flavour and the way that this is cooked is seriously to die for. It’s so delicious that I keep asking for more.
How to make lemon chipotle BBQ salmon:
- Start by sprinkling sugar, chipotle seasoning and garlic on the fish. Then top that with the zest from one lemon.
- Thinly slice the lemon and layer it on top of the salmon. Finally, sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top of the fish to finish it off.
- Place the fish skin side down on the BBQ and grill for 25mins.
Cook until just opaque through the thickest part of the fish. Tip: don’t worry about the sides or bottom of the salmon burning as the skin acts as a protective barrier. It’s absolutely delicious!
We love this paired with grilled vegetables like fresh green beans or asparagus topped with cheese sauce. I am a salmon loving convert after tasting this yummy recipe for the first time. Now we have it once a week at least. We’ve experimented with a few variations, one of which I will be sharing as soon as I can take photos of it. It’s an orange ginger take on this recipe that I think you guys will love as much as I do.
Kitchen essentials for grilling:
- I love using these non-stick T-fal Frying Pans (aff link) for all of my sauteing.
- These silicone tongs (aff link) are perfect for flipping and grasping.
- This Henckel Knife (aff link) is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These grilling bags (aff link) make clean up a breeze and these parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging.
Costco has great deals on fresh Salmon. That’s where we got our salmon and asparagus last time that we made this lemon chipotle BBQ salmon recipe.