Create festive holiday cutting board signs effortlessly with this free SVG file. Personalize and craft unique decorations for the season!
These Holiday Cutting Board Signs are seriously the most darling craft that you will make this year! They are far easier to make than they look, especially with the free cut files!
Too busy to make these cutting board signs right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This year I decided to host the Twelve Days of Christmas Crafts on Instagram and we had so much fun!! We’ve made a ton of crafts to go along with my DIY Tree Collar and Holiday Ribbon Picks! Be sure to check out the Sweater Ornament tutorial, Wooden Plank Tree Signs or Scrap Wood Ornaments.
Each day that we were crafting for the twelve days, THAT days craft would quickly become my favorite. But I can honestly say that this holiday sign knocked it out of the park. This is something that I know I will be recreating year after year, to give as gifts to friends and relatives. I love how this project turned out THAT much!!
How to make holiday cutting board signs:
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Wooden cutting boards
- White paint
- Painters tape
- Modge Podge
- Holiday quote cut files
- Hot Glue gun
- Prepare the supplies. This includes downloading and cutting out the vinyl holiday quote.
2. Use painters tape to mark off the top half of the cutting board.
3. Paint the top of the board white. Use at least two coats to get full coverage.
4. Allow the paint to dry completely before adhering vinyl stickers to the wood. Pro tip: you can also use stickers found at Michaels or the dollar store, no need for a cutting machine!
5. Seal the project with Modge Podge. Don’t skip this step! It helps the vinyl stickers to adhere better to the wooden cutting board, otherwise your holiday quote may lift and separate from your surface.
6. Finally, add embellishments like faux greenery and red berries to the top corner of the board using a hot glue gun.
We used hemp, bakers twine, yarn and various bits and bobs found in the craft room.
Our “Merry Christmas” holiday cutting board.
A “Happy Holidays” cutting board.
And a “Smilings My Favorite” cutting board.
Of course, I couldn’t stop there and made a few more variations to our holiday wooden cutting board signs!
For these ones I painted the entire board white and sanded the edges to give it a rustic finish. Then I added a holiday quote and embellishments.
Aren’t these wooden cutting boards awesome?!? And super easy to make right?!
I love, love, love how they look styled with the rest of my holiday decor! Which one is your favorite?! It’s hard to choose…
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
This post contains affiliate links.
My crafting essentials for the holidays:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this holiday wooden cutting board sign craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!