Enjoy a harmonious blend of tangy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and fresh basil with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. This caprese pizza recipe is perfection on a crispy crust.
Have you tried Caprese salad? It is one of my favorite salads and there are a few very good reasons for that.
First of all, it only takes a few simple ingredients to make and I can throw the salad together in no time. Secondly, it has the best flavor! The combination of fresh tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella balls, all topped with a tangy balsamic glaze, is absolutely delicious.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
I especially like making this salad during the summer months. Tomatoes and basil are in peak season and readily available at my local farmers market.
Is there anything better than a fresh tomato right off the vine? And you know that I love to support local as much as possible!
Today’s recipe for mini Caprese pizzas have all the amazing flavors of Caprese salad, but in pizza form. Each easy Caprese pizza is topped with fresh ingredients and loaded with flavor. They are the perfect finger food to share with friends and family.
While this recipe makes a quick and easy dinner, it works just as well as an appetizer. Serve these mini pizzas up for pizza night or have them at your next party or backyard BBQ.
While they are particularly flavorful when made with produce that are straight out of the garden, the ingredients are readily available all year long. You don’t have to wait to enjoy them!
This post contains affiliate links.
- pizza stone or baking sheet
- paper towel
- large bowl
You can find even more easy recipes for simple and delicious appetizers at the bottom of the post.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Mini naan rounds
- Pizza sauce or marinara
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh rugula
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Slice cherry tomatoes.
3. Place the basil leaves on top of each other, roll them together, and cut them thinly.
4. Place mini naan rounds on a baking sheet and divide the tomato sauce between them, spreading it evenly over each one.
5. Then top each of the mini pizzas with the shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sliced basil.
6. Season with black pepper.
7. Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are a nice golden brown.
8. Top with arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Any pizza crust will work for this recipe, including this cauliflower crust or your favorite homemade pizza dough.
- Try Roma tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, or grape tomatoes.
- Substitute fresh mozzarella cheese slices for the shredded variety on your pizza. You could also add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Basil pesto would be a great addition.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of sea salt.
Tips & Tricks
- Line your pizza pan or cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper before cooking. It makes cleaning up so easy.
- Make your own tangy balsamic vinegar glaze at home. Bring one cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it is boiling, lower the heat and allow the vinegar to simmer until it is reduced by half. This will take about 10-12 minutes.
- Store any leftover pizza in an airtight container.
If you love this caprese pizza recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too.
- 6 mini naan rounds
- ½ cup pizza sauce or marinara
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup arugula
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Slice cherry tomatoes.
- Place the basil leaves on top of each other, roll them together, and cut them thinly.
- Place the mini naan rounds on a baking sheet and divide the tomato sauce between them, spreading it evenly over each one.
- Then top each of the mini pizzas with the shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sliced basil.
- Season with black pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are a nice golden brown.
- Top with arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.