Today I am sharing some of the awesome travel trailer organization ideas that we use to keep our RV space neat and tidy. These RV organization ideas help to make camping even more enjoyable.
We recently purchased a 2011 Trail Sport travel trailer and have been camping every chance that we can get! As we head out into the great outdoors, we continue to improve the storage space in our 24ft unit.
I like to keep our trailer as organized as possible because then it’s easy to find and store camping gear at a moments notice. Utilizing as much of our small space as possible is a top priority for me so that when we go camping everything is already packed and ready to go.
I talk about How to Winterize Your Travel Trailer in another post so be sure to check it out and save it for fall.
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of our travel trailer organization essentials:
- I like using these hanging wire racks and wire adjustable shelves in all of our cupboard spaces.
- Hanging shoe organizers are great for hanging over the bathroom door or from a wall and storing toiletries in.
- These hanging closet shelves are a must have for trailer closets!
- This spice rack is also a great idea for utilizing your vertical space.
Travel Trailer Organization Ideas:
I fastened this little shelf inside the door to provide extra space for more felt pens, glow sticks, mini kites and Lego.
I put wire dish organizers in the shelves to better organize our dry goods. This gives me twice the room for dry food storage in our rv kitchen.
Be sure to measure the height of your cupboard and the height of the shelf you are adding so that it fits in your trailer cupboard.
Here the wire organizer separates plastic bags and paper towel from our other bbq stuff. I find the best way to store small items is to keep them divided into their own little space.
Most trailers come with these plastic sliding drawers in the kitchen cabinets. We are making them work and have them filled with kitchen utensils, dishes and cutlery.
Sometimes these sliding drawers can crack and break so I found these sliding drawers on Amazon that would work to replace them if needed. We also like to use this paper plate dispenser which is another great place to store dishes in a tiny space!
A plate dispenser and paper towel holder can be mounted under the kitchen cupboards which is an easy way to clear up counter space in your RV.
Where to use a hanging basket:
- In closets for clothing, snacks or supplies.
- Beside beds for storing flashlights or reading material.
- Below the kitchen cupboards to better utilize counter space.
- Hang from the ceiling for storing bulky items like pillows.
These hanging baskets are perfect for utilizing the space inside of trailer cabinet door with easy access to snacks or toiletries.
How to utilize travel trailer hangers:
We moved from having a tent trailer to a travel trailer so I really wanted to utilize more of our vertical wall space. Hanging things from doors, walls and closets really helped with this.
The bathroom cabinet in our RV simply does not have enough extra storage for all of the camping gear that we pack!
I hung a shoe organizer in our little rv bathroom above the toilet. It’s the perfect spot for band aids, sunscreen, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
I simply used these 3M Command Hooks to safely attach and hang the shoe organizer from our trailer. These door shoe organizers save so much space in our limited space!
Things to look for at the dollar store:
- suction cup hooks
- door shoe organizer
- tension rods
- wire dish racks
- first aid kit
- towel rack
- water bottle
- bungee cord
- magnetic strip
- and tons more!
Check out my Dollar Store Camping Supplies post for tons of ideas on what camping gear to look for at the dollar store.
I have now outfitted all of the closets with these hanging closet shelves or better storage. They work awesome as we are not likely to hang all of our camping clothing, I find it much easier to fold our clothes.
Placing plastic drawers into large closets is a great way to use the space better! I had to install this shelving unit by first pulling apart the plastic bins and placing them into the closet individually.
These 3M suction cups are a must have for towels and wet swim gear. I hang them in the rv shower for wet clothing and by the door for keys, hats, jackets and leashes.
I use 3M command hooks throughout our space to hang keys, bags and clothing.
This over the door hanger is perfect for hanging towels from our bathroom door!
If you are planning on purchasing a travel trailer of your own be sure to check out my Travel Trailer Buying Tips post for lots of information and ideas.
More RV Storage Ideas:
- Utilize vertical space by using shoe storage hangers and hanging closet shelves
- Double cupboard storage by utilizing wire dish racks inside
- Fasten shelving to the inside of cupboard doors
- Use bins to store similar items and stow them under benches and beds
- Install drawers or shelves in large closets for easy storage
- Use collapsable laundry hampers for clothing and toy storage
- Fasten and hang other storage solutions for fruit and paper towel
- Install 3M hooks on walls for hanging clothing and gear
Do you have more travel trailer organization ideas that your family uses when camping? Please share your RV organization tips, we would love to see them!