This DIY clay leaf wall hanging is simple to create and makes a lovely seasonal addition to our home decor! Follow this easy step-by-step tutorial.
How pretty is this clay leaf wall hanging?! This would be such a lovely addition to your seasonal decor or a fun fall craft to do with the kids.
We have been obsessed with clay crafts recently! Be sure to check out these DIY clay fall leaves, this DIY clay plant pot or these polymer clay snowflake ornaments too.
How to make this DIY clay leaf wall hanging:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you will need:
- rolling pin
- small leaf cookie cutters
- parchment paper
- red, orange & green polymer clay
- cutting and piercing tool
- maple leaf
- twig or stick
- clear beading thread
- Combine a small bit of red, orange and green clay together and roll into a ball.
2. Roll out the clay on parchment paper until it is about 1/4″ thick.
3. Cut out leaf shapes using the cookie cutters.
4. Place a real leaf over the clay cut out. Roll over the leaf applying firm, even pressure. Remove the real leaf to reveal the textured imprint. Create a hole in the top of the clay leaf using the piercing tool.
5. Place the clay in the oven and bake as directed on the package. Different clay has different baking temperatures and times. Fun fact: I over cooked these leaves which made them harder and the colors deeper and richer.
6. Use the clear thread to string the leaves together and hang them from the twig. I hung four leaves in the center, three on each side and two on the ends. Hang the twig with hemp and you’re all done.
Don’t these leaves look great all strung together?!
I love the pop of color and texture that they give to our home!
This would be a fun craft for the kids to talk about mixing colors, the changing of the seasons and learning how to create leaf impressions.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey polymer oven bake clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this DIY clay leaf wall hanging, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!