This Keto Zucchini Baked Ziti recipe is delicious and super easy to make. It makes a perfect low carb meal for the whole family!
When cooking for a busy family it is always nice to find a recipe that is simple, delicious and a crowd pleaser. Make it low carb, keto friendly and full of cheesy goodness and you have a real winner! This Keto Zucchini Baked Ziti recipe is a family favorite around here and is sure to become one of yours.
I have a number of baked ziti recipes on the blog from before I began my keto journey. It was a simple zucchini for pasta swap that made this recipe super low carb and keto friendly.
I love using zucchini as a new base for some of my favorite recipes that used to include pasta. It’s such a versatile vegetable! Spiralize it into noodles for spaghetti, slice it lengthwise to create a layer for lasagna or slice it into rounds to create casseroles like this baked ziti.
I do a ton of my grocery shopping at Costco and lucky for me they have many, many keto friendly products! The Simply Natural Pasta Sauce from Costco is great because it has fewer carbs than others and we love the flavour. I use this in most of my tomato based dishes. I also buy the pre-shredded tex mex cheddar cheese from Costco and just freeze the second package until I am ready to use it. The ground turkey from Costco is also a great deal at $10 for a four pack, I use it in everything!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Zucchini Baked Ziti recipe for the fam tonight…
1 lb ground turkey (ground beef or sausage can be substituted)
2 cups (400g) zucchini, sliced into rounds
2 cups (400g) cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup (100g) white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups pasta sauce
2 cups (450g) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (100g) parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
- 1 lb ground turkey (ground beef or sausage can be substituted)
- 2 cups (400g) zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups (400g) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (100g) white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 2 cups (450g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium frying pan, brown ground turkey.
- Add onion and cook until opaque.
- Stir zucchini, cheese, sauce and spices into the ground turkey.
- Place mixture into a 9x12 casserole pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top.
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 828mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 26g
Grab more of our favorite low carb recipes…