You guys, this keto teriyaki wings recipe is a real winner!
We love the sweet and sticky flavour of these wings but especially enjoy that they are keto compliant. With the use of a few sugar-free keto ingredients we can enjoy one of our favorite teriyaki wing recipes, guilt free!
We absolutely love wings around here as clearly demonstrated by this keto sweet buffalo wings recipe and this keto lemon pepper wings recipe.
Ever since I began following a ketogenic lifestyle over two years ago, I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes with low carb substitutions like this one. You can check out my Keto Beginner Guide to see how I got started on my ketogenic journey and lost over 85lbs in less than a year.
Just look at that glossy teriyaki sauce coating these wings! Seriously, it is so good.
How to make these keto teriyaki wings:
1. Place wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the water and xanthum gum in a small bowl until well combined.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium until they come to a boil.
5. Remove from the heat and whisk in xanthum gum.
6. Bring to a boil once more, whisking constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
7. Remove from heat and set aside.
8. Remove wings from the oven and coat in the teriyaki sauce.
9. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins.
10. Flip the wings halfway through baking.
11. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds (optional).
This post contains affiliate links.
More tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
Be sure to check out my How I Quit Sugar eBook!
I also love these Keto Lemon Pepper Wings and Keto Sweet Buffalo Wings for serving to guests at any of our parties. When you make this keto teriyaki wings recipe please let me know by leaving a review!
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 10 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto sugar free syrup
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tbsp water
- Sesame or poppy seeds (optional)
- Place wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Mix the water and xanthum gum in a small bowl until well
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan and heat
over medium until they come to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in xanthum gum.
- Bring to a boil once more, whisking constantly until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove wings from the oven and coat in the teriyaki sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins.
- Flip the wings halfway through baking.
- Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds (optional).