Discover mouthwatering Thanksgiving snack ideas. From savory appetizers to sweet treats, elevate your holiday feast with these delightful bites.
Thanksgiving is all about the food around here! We love easy Thanksgiving appetizers, cheese balls, sweet treats and cheesy dips. They make the perfect snack for the big day.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Every family has their own traditional Thanksgiving menu items. Whether they are a main dish, side, dessert, or snack, the important thing is that the big day isn’t complete without these foods. These traditional recipes may have been passed down for generations. Others may be relatively new additions.
Thanksgiving Snack Ideas:
If you are looking to create some new traditions this holiday season, I have put together a list of some easy snack recipes for you to try this Thanksgiving. Any of these delicious recipes would make a great addition to your next gathering.
With both sweet and savory choices, there is something for everyone. Whether you are hosting an intimate holiday dinner or need to feed a big crowd, your guests are going to love these yummy snacks.
Looking for a complete guide to creating the perfect Thanksgiving feast? Find a carefully curated collection of our time-tested, family-favorite recipes inside the pages of this eBook!
This post contains affiliate links.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – a mixing bowl and hand mixer works just as well, however a KitchenAid stand mixer has been a staple in my kitchen for years.
- Baking sheets – I like these large sheet pans from Wilton with the deep sides. They are very versatile and can be used in multiple ways!
- Parchment paper – using parchment paper to line your cookie sheets is the best way to prevent the cookies from sticking! I reuse each sheet of parchment multiple times.
- Rolling pin – I like to use a wooden rolling pin, but this comes down to personal preference.
- Mixing bowls – glass mixing bowls are my favorite, because I can see what is happening while mixing.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I am forever losing and buying new ones!
- Cookie cutters – there are a ton of different cookie cutter shapes now. Have fun with these!
- Wire cooling rack – this one is perfect for cooling cookies quickly.
Turkey Cheese Ball – This easy recipe is absolutely darling and makes the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner!
Turkey Charcuterie Board – This turkey charcuterie board is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving Day. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also totally easy to make!
Pumpkin Cheese Ball – this is an easy appetizer to make with cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
This baked artichoke & spinach dip recipe is a delicious and easy oven-baked dish with a rich creamy flavor, full of cheesy goodness! It’s perfectly served with tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.
Classic spinach dip is one of my all time favorite appetizers and this is the best spinach dip recipe ever. Incredibly easy to make, delicious, and bursting with flavor, it is always a crowd pleaser!
Leftover Turkey Rolls – Get ready to impress your guests with these tasty appetizers! Packed with leftover roast turkey, sweet cranberry sauce, and cheese, they’re the perfect party snack! Throw in some fresh herbs too, if you want.
Thanksgiving Hand Pies – Savor the essence of fall with this Thanksgiving hand pie recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, these individual pockets of apple pie goodness will be ready to eat in no time. The best part is that you can easily switch up the flavor to match your family’s preferences.
Nutter Butter Turkey – Peanut butter cookies that are coated in chocolate, then topped with candy features, make a sweet treat for your next Thanksgiving dinner party!
Turkey Cookies – Starting with packaged cookies is the easiest way to save time when making these cute turkey cookies. The candy corn and M&Ms are the perfect accessories too.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites – These sweet treats are such a yummy addition to any meal or gathering. Serving finger foods for dessert after a big meal is also a great way to save on dishes.
Pumpkin Pie Twists – Deliciously flaky pastry envelops spiced pumpkin filling with these irresistible pumpkin pie twists. This sweet take on classic cheese straws is perfect for fall.
Savour the ultimate fall treat with this easy pumpkin dip recipe! A creamy, spiced dessert dip that’s perfect for dipping cookies or fruit.
Thanksgiving planning tips:
- When planning holiday treats, create a balance of salty and sweet with your snack foods. Be sure to make room for a few healthy options, like fruit and fresh vegetables, on your holiday table too.
- Whenever possible, get family members involved in the baking process. Older kids can chop and mix. Younger ones make excellent decorators.
- Shopping at your local dollar store is a great way to save money on Thanksgiving decorations, serving platters, and fun activity and craft ideas. Even better, shop clearance sales at the end of the season and stock up for next year.
Looking for more delicious Thanksgiving appetizers and snacks to wow your family and friends with? Check out this list of Thanksgiving side dish recipes that will take your holiday main dish game to a new level. And this Thanksgiving leftovers post will give you plenty of ideas for after the main event.