Check out all of the easy crochet projects that are perfect for beginners in this post! The hard part will be choosing a crochet project to start with.
Winter is one of my favorite times of year for picking up fresh crochet supplies and kicking off the season with a new crochet project or two.
Today, I am sharing 20+ Easy Crochet Projects that any beginner crocheter could create! If you need a crochet refresher course, be sure to grab my Learn To Crochet eBook for all the crochet basics and step-by-step visuals.
Crochet is the perfect take along hobby!
My boys always have a request or two for things that they would like me to make. This year is no different, as Cameron just informed me this morning that he would like a Baby Yoda amigurumi, pretty please.
Wish me luck on that one! Amigurumi are not my forte. I prefer bigger projects over small crochet projects. They work up fast, so that I can see my progress quickly.
Tiny crochet stitches can be difficult to see and work with as a beginner. Someone who is a master at making small items, like crochet dolls and amigurumi?! My 92-year-old grandma…she blows my mind with her teeny tiny amigurumi crochet skills.
This post contains affiliate links.
Crochet tips for beginners:
- Choose beginner crochet patterns that are straightforward and simple to start. Like this Crochet Headband project.
- Look for basic crochet stitches that are easy to learn, like double crochet stitches or single crochet stitches.
- A great way to make fast progress on a project is to use large, chunky yarn, like this Chunky Bernat Yarn, with a large crochet hook. This makes seeing your stitches easier and your project work up faster.
- Grab a quick refresher course with a great video or photo tutorial, like those in my Learn to Crochet eBook.
- Choose smaller projects that you can finish in a timely fashion. A big project, like crocheting an entire blanket, can be a great goal, but it’s a daunting task to finish!
Easy Crochet Patterns:
Slouchy Beanie – Having a bad hair day? This is the perfect crochet pattern for you! You’ll definitely want to make several in different colors.
Easy Slippers – This simple crochet slipper pattern comes in multiple different sizes. What better way to keep your family’s toes cozy this winter?
Crochet Flower – This quick and fun project is the perfect way to use small bits of leftover yarn you have in your stash. Grab the free pattern!
Market Tote – Take this crochet bag with you everywhere! It’s perfect for grocery shopping or the farmers market.
Plant hanger – A great gift idea for the green thumb in your life, this free crochet pattern is perfect for the holiday season.
Dog bed – Using basic stitches, and any color combination you can imagine, this bed is the perfect project for all those little fur babies in your life.
Headband pattern – These headbands always sell quickly at craft fairs.
Easy Pumpkin – This is one of those small projects that I just love! It comes together so quickly and is so adorable!
Infinity scarf – A cozy pattern for cold weather, this crochet scarf is the perfect gift.
Floor poof – A simple pattern that uses front post stitches to give this project some extra texture.
Which of these 20+ easy crochet projects would you tackle first? The Crochet Floor Pouf is by far my most popular and most created crochet tutorial. And I promise, it’s way easier to make than it looks!
Please let me know if you have any questions about these crochet projects, I would love to help!