Have you recently started following a ketogenic lifestyle? Be sure to make this keto electrolyte lemonade recipe and drink it daily!
I have been following a keto way of eating for many years. With this lifestyle I have found mental clarity, more energy and lost over 85 pounds in a year! I write about all of the details in my keto beginner guide post.
Be sure to also check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
But, if you are here then you most likely already know about the amazing benefits of keto! Sadly, many people stop following this lifestyle when they come down with the “keto flu”. The symptoms are most often associated with an electrolyte imbalance.
When following keto it is important to supplement your electrolytes with nutrients that your body is no longer getting from commercial food products.
Signs of an electrolyte imbalance:
- muscle soreness and cramping
- nausea and vomiting
- poor sleep
- increased urination
This keto lemonade recipe helps to maintain a healthy electrolyte balance so that you can feel all of the amazing benefits of following a ketogenic lifestyle. Please always consult a doctor anytime that you are significantly changing your way of eating.
Keto Electrolyte Lemonade Recipe:
- 1 litre of water
- 2 tsp lemon juice (or a few slices of fresh lemon)
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tsp Natural Calm (or magnesium supplement of choice)
Mix all of the ingredients together and drink throughout the day.
Some people find that magnesium has a drowsy affect so chose to take this supplement at bed time. Be sure to read all of the labels and take supplements as directed.
This post contains affiliate links.
More tips for keto in the kitchen:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
Grab my How I Quit Sugar eBook for a quick downloadable guide!