This is seriously THE BEST keto stove top stuffing recipe! It makes the most delicious side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Total bonus that this low carb stuffing is made completely from scratch too!
When I switched to a ketogenic lifestyle and lost 85 pounds I totally thought that stuffing would be lost to me. But it’s not! And today I am excited to share my super easy (I promise!) keto stove top stuffing recipe with y’all!
The not so secret ingredient in this recipe is my favorite homemade, low carb bread that I make using this keto mug bread recipe. I love that it can be made fresh at home with very few ingredients! Have you tried this mug bread yet?!
Don’t worry! If you want to use your favorite low carb bread of choice, go ahead. Just be sure to use about six servings and toast it until it’s good and dry.
How to make keto stove top stuffing:
Begin by making two servings of this 90 second mug bread recipe.
Allow the bread to cool and cut it into 1/2″ cubes.
Spread the cubes onto a baking sheet and broil on low for 2-3 minutes to toast both sides.
Dice onion, celery and mushrooms.
Saute in butter and cook on low until onion is opaque.
Add chicken stock, poultry seasoning and spices. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes.
Stir the crusty mug bread into the stuffing mixture.
Allow the flavours to combine and soak in together before serving. You can add more chicken stock if you like a moister stuffing. I often transfer the stuffing from the skillet to a casserole dish and place it in the oven on low to stay warm while preparing the other dishes that I plan to serve.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
We love to add bacon bits to this dish. It’s totally optional but adds a little extra flavour to this keto stove top stuffing recipe!
I love that we don’t have to miss out on the traditional favorite side dishes this holiday season! Try this easy recipe, I bet that the whole family will love it.
If you love this low carb recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Serving Size: .5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 4g