This is the best Keto Spinach Dip Bread Bowl recipe ever – incredibly easy, delicious and low carb for those who are following a ketogenic lifestyle! Classic spinach dip in a keto friendly bread bowl?! Mind blown!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin this easy recipe for later! Save it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.keto journey I was bummed that I could no longer serve our classic spinach dip in a bread bowl. Low carb bread bowls simply don’t exist. That is until today! Let me show you how to make this awesome keto spinach dip bread bowl that has quickly become my favorite dip.
How to make the low carb bread bowl:
The bread bowl is super easy to make actually! The key is to use a heat safe small round casserole dish that is about 1 quart in size. The round shape creates the “bowl” for the spinach dip to go into.
- almond flour
- baking powder
- melted butter
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix very well and pour into a small round baking dish.
3. Microwave for 90 seconds OR bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
4. Allow the dish to cool before cutting out the centre of the bread and cutting the excess bread into cubes for dipping.
How to make our classic spinach dip:
This keto spinach dip is one of our favorite appetizers for game day or a dinner party and is a crowd pleaser! This is one of those easy recipes with simple ingredients that makes the best spinach dip for those who are following a low carb lifestyle.
- frozen spinach
- vegetable soup mix
- sour cream
- green onions
- Collect ingredients. For this keto friendly recipe I use vegetable soup flakes so that I can be sure there are no additives that may be found in traditional soup mixes. This dehydrated vegetable soup can be found at your local health food store.
2. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Be sure to blot excess moisture from the spinach with a paper towel.
3. Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours. Tip: the longer this dip rests in the fridge the richer the flavours become. this also allows the soup mix to rehydrate and become fully incorporated.
4. Top with green onions and serve in the keto bread bowl.
What can you dip in keto spinach dip?
- keto crackers
- bell pepper
- celery sticks
- low-carb chips
- cucumber slices
- pork rinds
- fresh spinach
- cream cheese
- knorr vegetable soup mix
- parmesan cheese
- cloves of garlic
- mozzarella cheese
- artichoke hearts
- water chestnuts
- marinated artichokes
- garlic powder
- greek yogurt
- fresh garlic
- red pepper flakes
- different types of cheese
Awesome right?! Trust me when I say that this tastes just as good as it looks.
The bread is very soft and fluffy so if you want a crustier bread for dipping try toasting it in the oven for a few minutes. I like to serve this with celery sticks and sliced cucumbers for dipping too!
This keto spinach dip bread bowl is such a delicious, simple recipe that’s just been reimagined in a new way to be keto friendly. It’s less than two net carbs per serving, perfect for anyone following a keto diet!
How to store keto spinach dip:
- This creamy dip can be served at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- Store this low carb spinach dip recipe in an airtight container or mixing bowl covered in plastic wrap for up to three days.
- Drain excess water that may accumulate before serving again.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto spinach dip recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Check out these other keto appetizers:
- 8 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp dehydrated vegetable mix
- 1 green onion stalk, chopped
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix very well and pour into a small round casserole dish.
- Microwave for 90 seconds OR bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Allow the dish to cool before cutting out the centre of the bread and cutting the excess bread into cubes for dipping.
- Combine the next four ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Top with green onions and serve in the keto bread bowl.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g