With this round up of twenty low carb, keto friendly Thanksgiving recipes you are sure to find something that is sugar-free, gluten-free and perfect for adding to your Thanksgiving dinner!
I absolutely love Thanksgiving, enjoying time with friends and family sitting around the fire as it rains outside.
Holiday meals don’t need to be difficult when following a ketogenic diet! Today I have compiled a listing of over twenty low carb, keto-friendly recipes that you simply must try!
The best keto Thanksgiving recipes:
Ever since I began following keto, I have been busy adapting many of my recipes to be low carb. Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on a keto diet. Or use my keto meal plans for simple weekly menu ideas!
Learn how to smoke a turkey in a vertical smoker. This makes the most delicious, juicy turkey breast you’ve ever had!!
Would you believe me if I told you that this garbage can turkey recipe makes for one of the best turkeys that I have ever tasted?! This turkey is the staple of any thanksgiving meal at our house!
We use this turkey brine to prepare the most delicious, juicy turkey every holiday season. Fresh herbs and fruit make this the best part of our main course!
Low carb side dishes:
Some of the most delicious keto thanksgiving recipes are those with simple ingredients. Like brussels sprouts, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and keto cranberry sauce. We happen to love these keto-friendly dishes with very few net carbs!
This is seriously THE BEST keto stuffing recipe! It makes the most delicious side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
This keto Brussel Sprouts and Bacon Casserole is made with heavy cream, cheese, garlic, and bacon. Perfect for a special holiday side dish.
Roasted Cauliflower recipe is crispy, tender and packs a serious flavor punch in only 30-minutes. Get your veggies in with this quick and healthy side dish that is free of gluten and dairy as well as being low-carb and keto-diet friendly.
This Fried Radishes with Crispy Bacon Recipe is a healthy alternative if you’re craving those starchy potatoes! Simple seasonings with bacon make for a perfect blend of flavors.
Creamy mashed cauliflower mixed with sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, and then baked. This gluten free, low carb, keto-friendly recipe won’t just be a substitute for mashed potatoes, it will actually be a go-to dinner side dish.
Garlic Green Beans are a super simple and quick side dish. This recipe for fresh green beans with butter and garlic is a keto lifestyle staple!
You’ll fall in love with bread all over again after you try these Keto Dinner Rolls. Not only are they super quick and easy to make, but they’re soft and tender with that classic keto bread taste.
These Dill Pickle Devilled Eggs are family favorites!
Keto teriyaki wings can be made in the air fryer and are a delicious appetizer for turkey day!
This keto spinach dip bread bowl is one of those easy keto recipes that you will be making over and over again!
This pumpkin pie cheesecake is a great way to enjoy a low carb, keto thanksgiving dessert. Be sure to add it to your family dinner!
Dark chocolate and almonds are a staple of any ketogenic diet. This keto dark chocolate almond bar recipe makes a delicious addition to holiday parties.
This post contains affiliate links.
Keto baking tips:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like almond flour instead of wheat flour and stevia instead of cane sugar.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like these Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Almond Bars or Keto Turtle Cookies and use them in your must bake list.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
These pumpkin tarts make a great addition to your keto thanksgiving menu. I love making these low carb tarts for the whole family.
Other sugar alternatives:
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit sweetener is made from Monk fruit, this is another sugar substitute that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
A note on flour alternatives:
- Almond flour is my personal favorite for consistency and flavour. I like to purchase the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco.
- Coconut flour can sometimes be crumbly in my experience but good in combination with almond flour. I like the Red Mill brand.
- Rice flour is my least favorite in terms of consistency but a great alternative for those who may have allergies.
One of the best recipes that I’ve had is this keto moscow mule cocktail. It’s the perfect night cap and makes a lovely way to finish off your Thanksgiving celebrations.
Keto alcohol tips:
- Dry wines are the best choice as they have very little sugar content
- Most red wine is a safe bet while following keto
- White wine should be consumed cautiously as many sweet white wines are high in carbs
- Having a glass of wine or a few light beers is not off of the menu when following a low-carb diet
- Diet soda and artificial sweeteners can easily be substituted for your old mixes
Be sure to check out my Healthy Keto Recipes eBook for more great ideas and recipes! Your entire family is sure to love these recipes.
If you love these keto friendly Thanksgiving recipes, please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!